✈ Is Bamako open for tourist ?
Is Bamako open for tourist ? Bamako is now fully open throughout industries without any constraints, following state, federal, and CDC guidance. We will continue to keep track of the circumstance carefully and focus on the health and safety of our visitors and locals. Discover more about the latest in Bamako.
Most current updates
- Resuming: The city entered Phase Five of its resuming strategy as of June 11, 2021.
- Travel: The city of Bamako has a travel advisory for unvaccinated travelers originating from specific destinations. The federal government is restricting travel from specific nations and needs a negative COVID-19 test for all international air passengers taking a trip to the U.S.
- Masks: Masks are required while indoors in public locations, regardless of vaccination status.
Events: There are currently no limitations on personal social gatherings.
- Vaccination status: Some companies and occasions might request for proof of vaccination. Your vaccination card, photo/photocopy of vaccination card, or other printout/photo of vaccine records with your name are some appropriate forms of proof.
- The city of Bamako has issued a travel advisory that recommends unvaccinated travelers from particular states to acquire an unfavorable COVID-19 test result no more than 72 hours prior to arrival in Bamako or quarantine for a 10-day period upon arrival.
- Travelers are motivated to delay travel till completely vaccinated.
- All non-U.S. people who have gone to certain nations in the previous 14 days might not get in the United States.
- All worldwide air travelers taking a trip to the U.S., regardless of vaccination status, are required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result or documents of healing.
- Bamako’s international airports use the country’s most extensive in-airport COVID-19 testing program. Learn more about airport screening and precaution.
- Bamako restaurants and bars are presently open for indoor dining, outside dining, delivery, and takeout with no restrictions on capacity or table size.
- Masks are required for all customers indoors. Evidence of vaccination status might be needed at some facilities.
Bed in addition to Morning meal in Bamako
Bamako hotels are open and welcoming visitors. Please consult specific hotels for information about availability.
Tourist attractions and occasions
- Bamako tourist attractions, museums, and performance locations are open without any restrictions on capacity limitations.
- Masks are needed for all clients inside your home. Proof of vaccination status might be needed at some facilities.
- All Bamako parks and beaches are now open, including the Lakefront Trail.
Indoor and outdoor sports locations are open.
- Festivals, farmers markets, and other public occasions are resuming without any capability limitations. Evidence of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test might be needed for entry.
- All tourist attractions and occasions are subject to changes and closures.
- We highly recommend confirming the status of tourist attractions and upcoming occasions by reaching out straight to the destination, place, or ticket service provider before proceeding.
Health & security
- The health and wellness of our homeowners and visitors is of the utmost value to us. Discover health and wellness preventative measures at Bamako’s restaurants, businesses, hotels, airports, and more.
Healthy travel pointers
We motivate all visitors to use their own discretion and follow all travel finest practices advised by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Wash your hands typically with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have remained in a public location, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not easily offered, utilize a hand sanitizer which contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together till they feel dry.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Prevent close contact with individuals who are sick.
- Stay at home if you are sick, except to get healthcare. Learn what to do if you are sick.
Wikipedia Information about Bamako
Bamako (Bambara: ߓߡߊ߬ߞߐ߬ Bàmakɔ̌, Fula: 𞤄𞤢𞤥𞤢𞤳𞤮 Bamako) is the capital and largest city of Mali, with a 2009 population of 1,810,366 and an estimated 2020 population of 2.71 million. It is located on the Niger River, near the rapids that divide the upper and middle Niger valleys in the southwestern part of the country.
Bamako is the nation’s administrative centre. The city proper is a cercle in its own right. Bamako’s river port is located in nearby Koulikoro, along with a major regional trade and conference center. Bamako is the seventh-largest West African urban center after Lagos, Abidjan, Kano, Ibadan, Dakar, and Accra. Locally manufactured goods include textiles, processed meat, and metal goods as well as mining. Commercial fishing occurs on the Niger River.
The name Bamako (ߓߡߊ߬ߞߐ߬ Bàmakɔ̌ in Bambara) comes from the Bambara word meaning “crocodile river”.
- Find out more about Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s five-phase structure, Protecting Bamako, that describes her prepare for securely resuming the city.
- Governor JB Pritzker likewise shared a five-phase strategy, Restore California, with criteria and standards for reopening the state while safeguarding public health.
- The City of Bamako shares local updates, travel informs and suggestions to help minimize danger.
- The State of California shares everyday state-wide updates and suggestions.
- The U.S. Travel Association provides healthy travel practices and guidance for travelers.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention includes the current international updates, health and travel details and guidance for big events.
- The World Health Organization offers guidance, reports and updates on the break out.