Is Seattle open for tourist ?
Is Seattle open for tourist ? Seattle is now completely open across industries without any limitations, following state, federal, and CDC guidance. We will continue to keep an eye on the situation closely and prioritize the health and wellness of our visitors and homeowners. Find out more about the current in Seattle.
Most current updates
- Reopening: The city went into Phase Five of its reopening strategy since June 11, 2021.
- Travel: The city of Seattle has a travel advisory for unvaccinated tourists originating from certain locations. The federal government is restricting travel from particular countries and requires an unfavorable COVID-19 test for all global air passengers taking a trip to the U.S.
- Masks: Masks are required while indoors in public locations, no matter vaccination status.
Gatherings: There are currently no limits on private celebrations.
- Vaccination status: Some companies and events might request for evidence of vaccination. Your vaccination card, photo/photocopy of vaccination card, or other printout/photo of vaccine records with your name are some appropriate kinds of proof.
- The city of Seattle has actually issued a travel advisory that encourages unvaccinated travelers from specific states to obtain an unfavorable COVID-19 test result no greater than 72 hours prior to arrival in Seattle or quarantine for a 10-day period upon arrival.
- Travelers are encouraged to delay travel till fully vaccinated.
- All non-U.S. people who have gone to certain nations in the past 14 days might not go into the United States.
- All worldwide air travelers taking a trip to the U.S., despite vaccination status, are needed to provide a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery.
- Seattle’s worldwide airports use the country’s most comprehensive in-airport COVID-19 screening program. Find out more about airport screening and precaution.
- Seattle dining establishments and bars are presently open for indoor dining, outside dining, shipment, and takeout with no restrictions on capability or table size.
- Masks are needed for all patrons inside your home. Proof of vaccination status may be required at some facilities.
Bed as well as Morning meal in Seattle
Seattle hotels are open and inviting visitors. Please contact specific hotels for info about schedule.
Attractions and events
- Seattle tourist attractions, museums, and performance venues are open without any limitations on capability limitations.
- Masks are needed for all customers inside. Evidence of vaccination status might be required at some facilities.
- All Seattle parks and beaches are now open, consisting of the Lakefront Trail.
Indoor and outside sports locations are open.
- Festivals, farmers markets, and other public events are resuming without any capability limitations. Evidence of vaccination or an unfavorable COVID-19 test might be needed for entry.
- All attractions and occasions are subject to modifications and closures.
- We highly suggest verifying the status of destinations and upcoming events by connecting straight to the tourist attraction, venue, or ticket supplier prior to continuing.
Health & safety
- The health and safety of our residents and visitors is of the utmost value to us. Learn more about health and safety precautions at Seattle’s dining establishments, companies, hotels, airports, and more.
Healthy travel ideas
We motivate all visitors to use their own discretion and follow all travel best practices advised by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have actually been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not easily available, use a hand sanitizer which contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surface areas of your hands and rub them together till they feel dry.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the within your elbow.
- Prevent touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Stay at home if you are sick, except to get medical care. Learn what to do if you are sick.
Seattle ( see-AT-əl) is a seaport city on the West Coast of the United States. It is the seat of King County, Washington. With a 2020 population of 737,015, it is the largest city in both the state of Washington and the Pacific Northwest region of North America. The Seattle metropolitan area’s population is 4.02 million, making it the 15th-largest in the United States. Its growth rate of 21.1% between 2010 and 2020 makes it one of the nation’s fastest-growing large cities.
Seattle is situated on an isthmus between Puget Sound (an inlet of the Pacific Ocean) and Lake Washington. It is the northernmost major city in the United States, located about 100 miles (160 km) south of the Canadian border. A major gateway for trade with northern Asia, Seattle is the fourth-largest port in North America in terms of container handling as of 2015.
The Seattle area was inhabited by Native Americans for at least 4,000 years before the first permanent European settlers. Arthur A. Denny and his group of travelers, subsequently known as the Denny Party, arrived from Illinois via Portland, Oregon, on the schooner Exact at Alki Point on November 13, 1851. The settlement was moved to the eastern shore of Elliott Bay and named “Seattle” in 1852, in honor of Chief Si’ahl of the local Duwamish and Suquamish tribes. Today, Seattle has high populations of Native, Scandinavian, Asian American and African American people, as well as a thriving LGBT community that ranks sixth in the United States by population.
Logging was Seattle’s first major industry, but by the late 19th century, the city had become a commercial and shipbuilding center as a gateway to Alaska during the Klondike Gold Rush. Growth after World War II was partially due to the local Boeing company, which established Seattle as a center for aircraft manufacturing. The Seattle area developed into a technology center from the 1980s onwards with companies like Microsoft becoming established in the region; Microsoft founder Bill Gates is a Seattleite by birth. Internet retailer Amazon was founded in Seattle in 1994, and major airline Alaska Airlines is based in SeaTac, Washington, serving Seattle’s international airport, Seattle–Tacoma International Airport. The stream of new software, biotechnology, and Internet companies led to an economic revival, which increased the city’s population by almost 50,000 between 1990 and 2000. Seattle also has a significant musical history. Between 1918 and 1951, nearly two dozen jazz nightclubs existed along Jackson Street, from the current Chinatown/International District to the Central District. The jazz scene nurtured the early careers of Ray Charles, Quincy Jones, Ernestine Anderson, and others. Seattle is also the birthplace of rock musician Jimi Hendrix, as well as the origin of the bands Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Foo Fighters, and the alternative rock movement grunge.
- Discover more about Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s five-phase framework, Protecting Seattle, that details her prepare for securely resuming the city.
- Guv JB Pritzker likewise shared a five-phase plan, Restore Washington, with standards and guidelines for resuming the state while securing public health.
- The City of Seattle shares regional updates, travel signals and tips to help lessen risk.
- The State of Washington shares daily state-wide updates and recommendations.
- The U.S. Travel Association uses healthy travel practices and assistance for tourists.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention features the most recent global updates, health and travel info and guidance for large gatherings.
- The World Health Organization provides guidance, reports and updates on the outbreak.